The InHERitance Exhibit
Throughout history, Matriarchs have held positions of power. Feared or respected, even those who maintained a quiet demeanor passed down legacies, treasures, and traits both tangible and invisible. Artists, we ask you to consider the impact of a strong matriarch in your life, from the past or present. What compelling, curious, or whimsical possession, lesson, condition, or feature did you inherit from your grandmother, mother, or auntie? Is it inconspicuous knowledge or a story; is it detectible or a manifestation; is it cultural, material, physical or emotional? Artists are invited to respond to this call exploring what they have ‘inherited’, through an original work of art in any two-dimensional form (drawing, painting, mixed media, photography).
FREE TO SUBMIT:
- • Artists may submit a maximum of 2 works for jury consideration.
- • All works must be originals (i.e. a printed poster of a painting will not be accepted).
- • Maximum art size 40inches wide x 60 inches tall (101 cm wide x 152 cm tall).
- • Applications open January 20, 2022 and close March 1, 2022.
- • Artists interested in submitting work for consideration can access the submission form in our bio or at Call To Artists: The InHERitance Exhibit